Elevator Rescue Training
We offer elevator rescue training for firefighters, hospital staff, and industrial first responders. Our classes are hands-on and highly practical.
FIRE FIGHTER TRAINING
Participants who complete the course will gain an understanding of the various types of elevators and how they work. Through classroom training and field experience, participates will learn the procedural steps for a safe rescue of people who are trapped inside of elevators and well as how and when to use elevators in various evacuation and fire conditions.
ESI offers specialized industrial elevator rescue programs for elevators at your site. We will review your existing SOP/SOG’s or assist in developing new ones. A comprehensive evaluation of your building and elevator equipment will be done and participants will be classroom and field trained on elevator operation, procedures in rescue scenarios and on-site elevator rescue operation.
ESI's hospital training is designed for the first responders within the facility. ESI begins by preparing procedures and training protocol specific to the elevators at the hospital. Upon completion, participants will understand the type of equipment and how the hospital elevators operate as well as how to safely rescue entrapped people in accordance to the ASME A17.4 Guide for Emergency Personnel.
Industry Leading Rescue Training
No matter which course you attend with ESI Elevator Rescue, we ensure that you have the knowledge and confidence to react effectively in an elevator emergency.
- Evacuation Procedures
- Elevator Basics, Types of Elevators and Terminology
- Rescue Procedure Steps (ASME A17.4-2015 – Guide for Emergency Personnel)
- Firefighters Operation Phase I & II
- On Site Demonstration and Practical Training
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT OUR TRAINING?
Send us a Message
KEY FACTS ABOUT OUR TRAINING
The safety of each participant is at the forefront of our training
- Participants will learn how to recognize hazards and mitigate those risks when operating around elevator equipment.
- Receive a clear understanding of the procedural steps for the safe removal of people that are trapped in elevators as outlined in ASME A17.4-2015
- Train with elevator props as well as getting hands on practical field experience.
- Gain a full understanding Elevator Firefighter’s Operation Phase I & II